SELECTION ROUND (recording must be sent together with the ONLINE application):
1. W. A. Mozart. First movement with cadenza of one selected violin concerto:
No. 1 in B-flat major KV 207;
No. 2 in D major KV 211;
No. 3 in G major KV 216;
No. 4 in D major KV 218;
No. 5 in A major KV 219;
2. N. Paganini. One caprice selected from Op. 1
I ROUND (no more than 40 participants):
1. J. S. Bach. Please choose one Sonata below.
Sonata No. 1 in G minor, BWV 1001; III and IV movements (Siciliana, Presto);
Sonata No. 2 in A minor, BWV 1003; III and IV movements (Andante, Allegro);
Sonata No. 3 in C major, BWV 1005; III and IV movements (Largo, Allegro assai).
Movements with repeats must be performed only with the first repeats.
2. N. Paganini:
3. Compulsory piece for violin solo, witten by lithuanian composer (will be sent together with the competition acceptance confirmation).
II ROUND (no more than 12 participants):
1. Selected virtuoso piece (duration up to 15 min.);
2. Transcription by Jascha Heifetz;
3. W. A. Mozart:
III ROUND (no more than 6 participants):
The finalists will be accompanied by Lithuanian National Symphony Orchestra.
One of the concerts for violin and orchestra:
• J. Sibelius. Violin concerto in D minor, Op. 47;
• P. Tchaikovsky. Violin concerto in D major, Op. 35;
• M. Bruch. Scottish Fantasy in E flat major op. 46;
• J. Conus. Violin concerto in E minor.